Answer: Hello dear The hormone progesterone is one of the main causes of excess gas during pregnancy. As your body produces more progesterone to support your pregnancy, progesterone relaxes muscles in your body. This includes the muscles of your intestine. Slower moving intestine muscles mean that your digestion slows down. This allows gas to build up, which in turn leads to bloating, burping, and flatulence.
1. Drink plenty of fluids
2. Stay active and do walk and yoga.
3. Cut down gassy foods like potatoes, wheat, broccoli,egg plant etc.
4. Rich fibre food intake, figs, and bananas, and vegetables, as well as whole grains like oats and flax meal are all good fiber boosters to consider.
5. Light meal often and moderate amount.
6. Fennel seeds and buttermilk for easy digestion..
Similar Questions with Answers
Question: my baby is 29 days old but she got gastric prblm wat shud I do for tht plz hlp she is not slpng properly gng on crying
Answer: Babies can be pretty gassy. It’s common for them to pass gas 13-21 times each day!
So to relief gas following may help.
Burp your baby. One of the easiest ways to ease gas pains is to burp her during and after she nurses. If she doesn’t belch right away, lay her down on her back for a few minutes and then try again.
Work it out. Gently massage your baby, pump her legs back and forth (like riding a bike) while she’s on her back, or give her tummy time (watch her while she lies on her stomach). A warm bath can also help her get rid of extra gas.
Take a closer look at foods. Talk with your baby's doctor about foods that may give her extra gas. The doctor will also make sure you don’t cut out nutrients your baby needs.
your breastfeed, your baby could have trouble digesting some of the foods that you eat, which can come through your breast milk, like dairy products and caffeine. If you give her formula, talk to your doctor about switching brands. Some claim to be helpful for gassy babies.
Question: hii..my 19th week is gng on nd i have a stomach pain during passing stool from last few days...is it normal during pregnancy?
Answer: Yes, it is normal as u have problem in passing stools that means u have constipation problem.
One reason for constipation during pregnancy is an increase in the hormone progesterone, which relaxes smooth muscles throughout the body, including the digestive tract. This means that food passes through the intestines more slowly. Iron supplements, especially in high doses, can make constipation worse.
Remedies for constipation :
1. You should drink at least eight 12-ounce glasses of water a day. This will help keep your bowels soft and moving smoothly through your digestive tract.
2. Try breaking up your daily food intake into five or six smaller meals to help with constipation relief
Question: I am 24 weeks pregnant. wt should I do for gastric problem
Answer: I used to to take mixture of ginger extract and honey in warm water before bed. It helped me.