Answer: Hello dear
Following remedies u can try for cold and fever:
1. Steam: Breathing moist air helps loosen the mucus in the nasal passages. A warm bath has the added benefit of relaxing your child.
2. Lots of rest: It takes energy to fight an infection, and that can wear out a child. When your child rests, he's healing, which is exactly what he needs to do.
3. Extra fluids:Drinking plenty of fluids prevents dehydration, thins your child's nasal secretions, and flushes them out.
4. Honey:mix a spoonful with cinnamon powder and ask him/her to have it.
5.Carom Seeds:Boiling water along with carom seeds (ajwain) and tulsi leaves can help to keep the cough in check. It also helps in relieving chest congestion.
6. Salt gargling: A glass of hot water with a teaspoon of salt can be useful to ease a sore throat. Ask your kid to gargle with salt water twice a day. The saline water helps soothe the pain.
7. Turmeric milk: Add turmeric powder to a glass of warm milk and make your kid have it every night. It provides instant relief for an aching throat and runny nose.
Similar Questions with Answers
Question: I have common cold....any home remedies plz?
Answer: Hello dear. When you become pregnant, your immune system is likely to change. As a result of these changes, you may contract a cold or a cough at some point during your pregnancy. In addition, your illness may last longer.
Place a humidifier in your room, keep your head elevated on your pillow while resting, or use nasal strips. You can take steam or even inhale eucalyptus which gives some relief.
Question: My son is 1 year old.he have cold problem plz suggest some home remedies for cough and cold.
Answer: Hi dear,
Cold and cough in babies are quite normal as their immune system is still developing.comfort your child by keeping him warm in this changing weather. Make him sip warm fluids through out the day,that will help him to stay warm inside the body and also flush out germs. Massage his feet and palms with warm mustard oil. Steam is an excellent decongestant.put few drops of eucalyptus oil in boiling water and make the child inhale it. You can also make him sip this decoction.boil some water,put few tulsi leaves,cloves,grated ginger,half teaspoon ajwain. Reduce it little,and make him drink 1 table spoon every hour.stop any kind of dairy and fruits at this stage.you can make clear soups for him with crushed pepper. Tomato soup would also be good.as it is rich in vitamin C which would help his immune system to go stronger.add pinch of turmeric in whatever soup you make.its antiinflammatory agent would fight his infection. Viral infections would finish its course by 2 weeks atleast.
Question: My 15 months baby have constipation problem....plz suggest any home remedies
Answer: Hello dear...
To reduce babys constipation,follow these remedies it might be helpful for you...
Include fiber rich foods like oats,millet
Feed more water,you can include soups,juice
Give dryfruits daily
You can also feed fig smoothie,banana smoothie will be helpful