Question: Hello my son is of 15 months and his weight is 10.1 kg.Is this a right weight and if not then how can i increase his weight?
Answer: Hello dear, baby weight is perfect, if baby looks active then don't think too much about weight.
Question: How many baby should be given food and what food shall I feed so that his weight can increase because my baby weight is not increasing from 9.5kg
Answer: don’t worry much about the weight gain issue in your babies.
If your baby is active, eating healthy food and has a strong immunity system then, it is healthy.
Baby’s growth and baby’s weight are two different things. Child’s weight is one part of its overall growth but it is not the only measuring criteria to check the child’s development.
So if your babies weight is less here are few food listed for babies but make sure you baby is active too:
1. Milk and milk product, like chees , butter, paneer, yogurt helps increasing babies health.
2. Oats, ragi porridge in breakfast are very good to keep your baby active all the day.
3. Egg yolk. Dont give whole egg to your baby before 1 year of age.
4. Potatoes are full of carbohydrates and B6.
Add potatoes, rice and other starchy foods to your baby’s diet. Potato makes an excellent first food for babies. Potatoes are mashable, easy to digest and the least allergenic food.
5. Bananas are high in carbohydrates, potassium, dietary fiber, Vitamins C, and B6.g ive your baby banana milk shake.
6.Ghee is a clarified form of butter having high nutritional value. Desi Ghee is one of the best food source for weight gain in babies.
7.Sweet potatoes are a rich source of vitamin A (beta carotene), vitamin C, copper, manganese and vitamin B6. Also, they are a good source of potassium, magnesium, dietary fiber, phosphorus and are low in saturated fat.
Sweet potatoes can be given to your baby as boiled and mashed. You can also prepare sweet potato with milk, sweet potato khichdi, sweet potato pancakes, soups and halwa.
8.Pulses, Moong dal and urad dal are easy in digestion and are a really healthy option for your child. Pulses are rich in nutrients, protein, calcium, iron, magnesium and potassium. Pulses are low in fat and high in fibre.
9.khichdi It’s a combination of pulses, rice and ghee, which provides protein, carbohydrates, fat, fibre, calcium, vitamins and minerals. Khichdi is a one-bowl meal that has a perfect balance of nutrients.
10. Fruits and fruit juices.Fruit juice is the best option for kids who don’t like to eat fruits. You can prepare mixed fruit juice by adding more than one fruit together like, add oranges, pomegranate and pineapple together.
11.Cheese is a good option for your baby and it is packed with calcium, protein, vitamin A, vitamin D and vitamin B12 and phosphorus.
12.Dry fruits like almonds, cashews, walnuts, raisins, pistachios, dried apricots, peaches and seeds like sesame seeds, pumpkins seeds, flax seeds contain healthy fat which can help your child to gain weight.