Answer: Hello dear
Following remedies u can try for cold and cough
1. Steam: Breathing moist air helps loosen the mucus in the nasal passages.
2. Lots of rest: When your child rests, he's healing, which is exactly what he needs to do.
3. Saline drops and bulb syringes : Using a bulb syringe works best for young babies, especially if a stuffy nose interferes with breastfeeding or bottle-feeding.
4. Extra fluids:Drinking plenty of fluids prevents dehydration, thins your child's nasal secretions, and flushes them out.
5. a cool-mist humidifier will help loosen mucus
Similar Questions with Answers
Question: Hii,my baby is of 5 months old .. please let me know home remedies for cough and cold
Answer: Hi,try this,due to climatic changes baby easily gets affected .
You should place a steamer next to the baby s bed and let the baby inhales its fumes
You should soak the cotton balls in nilgiri oil and place it at the four corners of the room.
You should roast the ajwain and tie it in the clean cloth and make a potli and do compression on the chest
You should warm the mustard oil and add 2-4 garlic pods and strain it and massage on the baby s chest and back to get relief from the congestion..
Question: Hi. My baby is 4 months old. Its been a week since she is having cold and cough. Please suggest me what i can do.
Answer: Cough and cold is very common in babies.. Roast some awards make a potli and keep it near your baby.. You can have humidifier in the room with some essential oils like eucalyptus added to water.. Which helps in reliving mucus.. Breastfeed as frequently as possible.. Put saline drops in nose
Question: please let me know d home remedy for cough n cold. my baby is 8 months old
If your baby is suffering from dry cold and cough first thing is to get a humidifier. As dryness in the air make it more difficult for baby to breathe. Add 2 3 drops of eucalyptus essential oil to it or put it on baby’s cloth. its will heal the blocked nose.
Next massage your baby chest with desi ghee mixed with sendha namak.
in case of runny cold. First use a nose bulb to clear out the mucus. Keep doing it throughout the day.
Massage baby with mustard garlic ajwain oil.
Apply nutmeg paste on baby's chest feet and palms daily at night.
Hope this helps your baby to recover soon