Question: I m having loose motions from yesterday... is it normal ? or should I consult Dr !
Answer: oo much diarrhoea is troublesome as it can lead to prolonged dehydration during pregnancy. This can have the widespread negative impact on both the mother and the developing fetus.
You should consult your doctor if loose motion is continuous and accompanied with following symptoms –
• Abdominal swelling of cramps
• Nausea & Vomiting
• Weight loss
• Blood in the stool
• Dark-colored stools
You can treat small-scale loose motion using various home remedies. But continuous loose motion or prolonged fever requires a call to the doctor. Some useful tips are mentioned below –
1) It is essential to revitalise the lost water from your body i.e. stay hydrated during diarrhoea.
2) Dissolve the ¼ teaspoon of mustard seeds in a tablespoon of water and leave it still for an hour. Then use this water like a regular oral tonic.
3) Lemon juice has anti-inflammatory properties that will help in easily cleaning toxins from the stomach.
4) Take 1-2 teaspoons of dried methi or fenugreek seeds in powdered form along with a glass of water every morning on an empty stomach. This can give complete relief from loose motions.
5) Take a teaspoon of fresh, pure honey (especially organic honey) and add ½ a teaspoon of cinnamon powder in a glass of lukewarm water.
6) You can chew one or two mint leaves every day after meals or extract mint juice & take it with honey & lemonade
7) Buttermilk/Chaach is also good for loose motion (incase you are lactose intolerant avoid it)