Once baby is 7 month old you can experiment with food now . Always make sure you have introduced a food item singly before adding it to a combination of foods. This way you can keep track of any allergies / reactions etc. At 7 months, you can introduce the below foods
Fruits: Chikku, Papaya Apple, peach, banana, muskmelon, plums
Vegetables : beetroot, tomato, bottle gourd, beans, peas,carrot,
Cereals: rice, ragi, duji, sabudana
Dairy: cheese, ghee , butter.
For 7 month baby, you can offer one meal and a snack for a day. Rest should be breastfeeding or formula milk . Chose the timings for meal and snack according to your baby's preference., but avoid giving any solids after 7 pm.
Answer: During 7th month you can give solid food like ,
Rice and rosted besan mix
Similar Questions with Answers
Question: my baby is 7 month which food should I give to baby in summer
Answer: By far your baby has tasted most of the cereals, vegetable and fruits. Also you are aware of his likes and dislikes..Now you are free to include more food items in his meal plan. Also now you can experiment with 2 3 ingredients in one dish.
Breakfast - Ragi porridge/ Barley porridge /apple oats porridge /Banana rice porridge/ wheat daliya/Suji kheer
Lunch- moong dal khichadi, tomato rice, vegetable khichadi, paneer rice, Carrot lentil soup.
Dinner- mashed potatoes, pumpkin puree, carrot soup, spinach puree, peas puree,
Apart from these you can give shakes and smoothies and seasonal fruits.
Question: my boy is 7 month which cerelac should i give...
Answer: Homemade cerelac is good for babies and it traditionally known as sathu maavu is one of the most nutritious and healthy weight gaining foods for your child. While the recipe given below gives you suitable quantities of all the ingredients, you can customize this cerelac recipe by changing these amounts depending on your baby’s need and her body’s requirement.
Baby having a meal
Ingredients for Homemade Cerelac:
1. One and half a cup white/brown rice.
2. One cup urad dal (split black gram)
3. One cup hara chana (green gram)
4. One cup moong dal (split green gram)
5. One cup bhuna chana (roasted gram)
6. One cup masoor dal (split red lentils)
7. One cup dalia(broken wheat)
8. Half a cup sabudana (sago)
9. Half a cup chana dal (horse gram)
10. Half a cup corn
11. Half a cup almonds
12. Half a cup cashew
13. 8-10 pods elaichi (cardamom)
Homemade Cerelac Recipe for 8 months baby:
Watch this Do It Yourself video. It contains the whole process of the recipe. Then read the steps below to learn and understand the recipe better. Make sure you watch it in full screen for the best experience.
Step by Step Recipe for Home made Cerelac
1. Soak all the ingredients except for almonds, cashews, and cardamom in water overnight. Rinse and dry them properly the next day.
Soaked ingredients except for nuts
2. After this, dry roast all the ingredients as follows
~Rice: Roast the rice grains till they become puffed and grow in size.
~Pulses and Dalia: Roast them till they turn golden brown and a little crispy. For hara chana, roast till its color changes from green to mild brown.
~Sabudana: Roast till it becomes crispy and a little dry.
~Bhuna chana: It will require a little roasting so that it becomes dry and relatively more crispy.
~Corn: Dry roast till it becomes crispy or starts crackling.
~Almond and Cardamom: Roast till their aroma starts rising.
~Cashew: Roast till it turns golden-brown.
Dry roasting the ingredients
3. Allow all the constituents to cool down for some time.
4. Now, powder all the roasted ingredients in a mixer or blender
Putting roasted. ingredients in mixture to grind
5. Sift the ground flour to make it finer.
6. Store the sifted fine flour in an airtight container. It can be stored and used safely for 4-6 months.
Before Serving the Homemade Cerelac to your baby keep these in mind:
1. Take a cup of milk and let it boil.
2. Add two tablespoons of the homemade cerelac to the boiled milk and stir to remove the lumps. This way the mixture would form a paste, add some more milk if needed.
3. Once done, put off the flame.
4. Serve warm.
1. You can add mashed fruits like bananas, apples or chikoo (sapota) to enhance the taste and nutritional content of the dish.
2. You can add jaggery to sweeten the cerelac. Avoid using sugar as much as possible.
Question: Which food can i give my 7 month baby
Answer: Hello! follow this diet chart you can offer the 3 times a day meal that should be cooked well.
8 am - bm / fm
9 am. Rava idly, oats ragi dosa, suji kheer, banana porridge, pancakes, apple puree( any one)
11 am. Bm/ fm
12 pm. Mashed banana, curd,
1 pm. Khichdi, potato and carrot khichdi, curd rice, ragi porridge, suji upma with veggie
3 pm. Bm / fm
5 pm. Any finger soft fruit, yogurt, boiled sweet potato, apple smoothy
7 pm. Uttpam, suji kheer, moong daal with rice, raw banana porridge, barley cereal, wheat cereal
Question: Which food I can give for my 7 month baby
A 7 months old baby needs 1 meal plus 1 snack a day and rest all Breast milk or formula.
You can offer variety of food to the baby which is homemade like ang veggies steamed and mashed or any hard fruit steamed and mashed if pulpy can be offered as is apart from it overcooked Rice Daal, Oats porridge, Rawa halwa, Veggies khichdi etc. however only remember to not add salt or sugar to the food as they r not suggested babies below 1 yr.
Hope this helps!