Similar Questions with Answers
Question: Fasting blood sugar level is 110 is it normal
Fasting blood sugar range in pregnancy should be between 60 and 95 mg/dl and level from 100 to 125 is pre diabetes..
Pls consider showing your report to your Dr. and see if Dr. suggests medicine fr diabetes to control the level..
If its GDM be sure it does not pass through to your baby but yes due to high glucose levels baby's weight might increase than gestational age, baby may be too large.
Check your diet and reduce carb intake. take Doc prescribed medicine and it will be controlled. Walk daily and include lots of fruits, veggies and fish in your diet.
Question: Hlo my fasting blood sugar is 110 and blood sugar 1hour is 193 blood sugar 2 hour is 160 is it very high
Answer: Hello dear. Yes it is high. Typically, the goal is to keep blood glucose at or below 95 mg/dl before meals, 140 mg/dl an hour after a meal, or 120 mg/dl two hours after a meal. Hope it helps.
Question: fasting blood sugar is 110.. how to control it.
Answer: Here are some important points that you need to follow:
1. All carbohydrate foods turn to glucose when your body digests them. The more carbohydrate you eat at one time, the higher your blood glucose level will rise. Therefore reduce bread, cereals, biscuits, potato, corn and peas, baked beans, lentils.
2. Eating smaller meals and snacks regularly will help keep your glucose levels more stable. You should wait 2.5-3hrs after your meal before you have a snack.
3. Do not skip meals or completely stop carbohydrate foods- this will make you very hungry and you will eat more than you usual so unstable blood glucose levels.
4. Eat more vegetables. Salad and other cooked non-starchy vegetables give you lots of vitamins, minerals and fibre-but very little carbohydrate. Include them at your meals and snacks, or eat them as an extra whenever you are hungry!
5. Protein foods don’t turn into glucose and help you to feel full. You can include protein foods (meat, chicken, fish, seafood, eggs, cheese, nuts + nut butters, seeds and tofu) in sensible amounts at meals and snacks or occasionally as an extra. They will not cause your glucose level to rise.
6. It is important not to gain too much weight in your pregnancy. Eating too much fat makes it easy to gain excess weight. Reduce added fats such as oil, choose low fat dairy products and avoid fried foods. Fat doesn’t directly raise your glucose levels but can make it harder for your insulin to work if you eat high fat foods.
Question: Is fasting sugar level 110 normal in pregnancy as my doctor is telling its high....pls clear my doubt
Answer: Hi dear
. the goal is to keep blood glucose at or below 95 before meals n 140 mg an hour after a meal or 120 mg/dl two hours after a meal.yes it's high you have to maintain healthy diet from now