Answer: Hello dear
Following remedies u can try for cold and cough
1. Steam: Breathing moist air helps loosen the mucus in the nasal passages.
2. Lots of rest: When your child rests, he's healing, which is exactly what he needs to do.
3. Saline drops and bulb syringes : Using a bulb syringe works best for young babies, especially if a stuffy nose interferes with breastfeeding or bottle-feeding.
4. Extra fluids:Drinking plenty of fluids prevents dehydration, thins your child's nasal secretions, and flushes them out.
5. a cool-mist humidifier will help loosen mucus
Similar Questions with Answers
Question: My baby is 9 months old ...he is suffering from cough nd cold...what can i do?
Answer: Hello..The best remedy for an infant is, applying baby vicks vapour rub on your baby's back, chest and feet. Make the toddler wear a comfortable pair of socks after applying vicks. Repeat this twice or thrice in a day. You will definitely see the difference. Also, for running/blocked nose use saline water (nasoclear), it is easily available in any medical store. In case you find no difference in twenty four hours, then see a pediatrician. Please do not use adult vicks vapour rub.
Question: my baby is 4month old nd he is suffering from cold and cough what can i do?
Answer: Hello Dear take some dry roasted carom seeds and tie them in a cotton cloth. Gently rub it on the baby’s chest, back, under feet and palms. Make sure it is not very hot. You can place it near your baby’s nose so that he can inhale the smell.
My mum says that rubbing brandy on the baby's chest, back, feets and palm is also very helpful in curing cold and cough.
So do try it hopefully it will work for your baby..
Question: my baby is four months old and he is suffering from cold and cough and his eyes are also wetting what should I do?
Answer: use baby rub at night, apply his chest , neck and feet for blocked nose & give him nosel drops every 2 hours