Answer: Foods Which You Can Introduce to Your 6 Months Old Baby Breast milk or formula milk Mashed banana Stewed apple Well steamed and pureed vegetables like carrots, sweet potato, pumpkin , french beansPulse soup (moong dal ka pani)Rice Water (Chawal ka pani)Homemade single-grain cereals like rice, barley, oats mixed with breastmilk or formula milkSteamed and pureed fruits like pear, avocado, peach, chikoo.You can try the homemade vegetable soup for your baby.
Similar Questions with Answers
Question: What solid food should I give mah baby he is 6months 3 days
Answer: Hi Dear!
I can understand your excitement as your baby is going to start solid.
Please read the following recommendations on offering solids.
1. Solids should be started around 180 days. Till then only Breastmilk/FormulaMilk.
2. Also till 1 year bm/fm is the main source of nutrition.
3. Readiness of the baby should be tested which includes, baby able to sit with support, able to sit in tripod position for few seconds, lost tongue thrust.
4. Baby should be seated in upright position for feeding. Can be in your lap or booster chair or high chair. Lying down or in inclined position are choking hazards.
5. At 6 months, baby needs one meal only. Start veggies steamed & mashed, porridges or fruits.
6. Mashing is not mandatory.
Though babies do not have teeth, their gums are strong enough to bite. If your baby is able to take family food, is fine to offer as-is(unmashed) from the start. Also most of the ripen fruits can be offered just slightly hand mashed (if required) and veggies can be steamed/boiled and hand mashed. Remember the fruit/veg looses its texture (which doesn't help them in learning curve) while mashing and also becomes difficult to change later.
7. No dal water, soups, juices, rice water and other diluted drinks.
8. Porridges should not be watery. It should be thick enough not to fall off the spoon.
9. Watery dishes have very less nutrition and can fill up their stomach replacing the nutritious breast milk.
10. Adding breast milk or formula will mask the original taste of the food. Also will be difficult while transition to family food.
11. For 7 months, 2 meals or 1 meal+ 1snack. Increment by 1 meal for every month.
12. Gradually move on to family food minus salt, sugar and less spices by 7-8 months..
13. Babies doesn't know sweet or salt taste unless we introduce it. So do not worry the food is bland.
14. Sweetening of food/porridges are not recommended even it is with fruits, dates, etc because it might become a habit in no time and will be difficult to change..
15. No Cerelac, biscuits and other processed foods. They are just loaded with sugar and not healthy.
16. No salt, No Sugar/honey/palm sugar/jaggery/palm jaggery till 1 yr. White sugar can be avoided as long as possible.
17. Water should be limited to 40 ml max per day. It can be given after a meal.
18. If the baby is breastfed on demand, water can be skipped. However a few sips can be offered for oral hygiene.
19. No Cow's/animal's milk as a drink till 1 year as it has complex proteins difficult for babies to digest. However a small amount can be used in dishes like porridges.
20. Offer a variety of tastes and texture so that baby gets used to it all.
21. Let the baby decide the quantity. Do not force feed or distraction feed.
22. Always bf/ff first and then offer solids after 30-45 mins in case of bf and 1-1.5hrs in case of ff..
Hope you find it helpful and it eases out your weaning journey..
Question: My baby is 6months old now what all solid food shall I give to my baby
Answer: So the time came to introduce solid food. You can do lots of experiments in later days but now to start with some simple and easy thing u can try.
Breast milk or formula milk
Well steamed and pureed vegetables like carrots, sweet potato, pumpkin , french beans
Pulse soup (moong dal ka pani)
Rice Water (Chawal ka pani)
Homemade single grain cereals like rice, barley, oats mixed with breastmilk or formula milk
Steamed and pureed fruits like pear, avocado, peach, chikoo.
Question: My baby completed 6months now what food should i give her
Answer: Hello dear. Here are a few foods that you can give your 6 month old:
Breastmillk plus Rice Cereal.
Apricot Puree 6 to 8 months
Hope this information was helpful.