Question: My baby has just completed 6 months. Please suggest me some healthy diet for him.
Answer: Hi Dear!
I understand your excitement as your baby is just going to start food other than your milk, its always suggested to wean the baby with homemade food for your help i hv jotted few points please read the following recommendations on offering solids.
1. Solids should be started around 180 days. Till then only Breastmilk/FormulaMilk.
2. Also till 1 year bm/fm is the main source of nutrition.
3. Readiness of the baby should be tested which includes, baby able to sit with support, able to sit in tripod position for few seconds, lost tongue thrust.
4. Baby should be seated in upright position for feeding. Can be in your lap or booster chair or high chair. Lying down or in inclined position are choking hazards.
5. At 6 months, baby needs one meal only. Start veggies steamed & mashed, porridges or fruits.
6. Mashing is not mandatory.
Though babies do not have teeth, their gums are strong enough to bite. If your baby is able to take family food, is fine to offer as-is(unmashed) from the start. Also most of the ripen fruits can be offered just slightly hand mashed (if required) and veggies can be steamed/boiled and hand mashed. Remember the fruit/veg looses its texture (which doesn't help them in learning curve) while mashing and also becomes difficult to change later.
7. No dal water, soups, juices, rice water and other diluted drinks.
8. Porridges should not be watery. It should be thick enough not to fall off the spoon.
9. Watery dishes have very less nutrition and can fill up their stomach replacing the nutritious breast milk.
10. Adding breast milk or formula will mask the original taste of the food. Also will be difficult while transition to family food.
11. For 7 months, 2 meals or 1 meal+ 1snack. Increment by 1 meal for every month.
12. Gradually move on to family food minus salt, sugar and less spices by 7-8 months..
13. Babies doesn't know sweet or salt taste unless we introduce it. So do not worry the food is bland.
14. Sweetening of food/porridges are not recommended even it is with fruits, dates, etc because it might become a habit in no time and will be difficult to change..
15. No Cerelac, biscuits and other processed foods. They are just loaded with sugar and not healthy.
16. No salt, No Sugar/honey/palm sugar/jaggery/palm jaggery till 1 yr. White sugar can be avoided as long as possible.
17. Water should be limited to 40 ml max per day. It can be given after a meal.
18. If the baby is breastfed on demand, water can be skipped. However a few sips can be offered for oral hygiene.
19. No Cow's/animal's milk as a drink till 1 year as it has complex proteins difficult for babies to digest. However a small amount can be used in dishes like porridges.
20. Offer a variety of tastes and texture so that baby gets used to it all.
21. Let the baby decide the quantity. Do not force feed or distraction feed.
22. Always bf/ff first and then offer solids after 30-45 mins in case of bf and 1-1.5hrs in case of ff..
Hope you find it helpful and it eases out your weaning journey..
Question: Pls any one tell me 6 Months old baby diet chart
A 6 months old baby needs 1meal a day and rest all Breast milk or formula.
You can offer variety of food to the baby which is homemade like ang veggies steamed and mashed or any hard fruit steamed and mashed if pulpy can be offered as is apart from it overcooked Rice Daal, Oats porridge, Rawa halwa, Veggies khichdi etc. however only remember to not add salt or sugar to the food as they r not suggested babies below 1 yr.
Hope this helps!
Question: Please tell me diet for my 6 months old daughter
Dear for six month old baby,we can introduce these food for weight gain and immunity power along with breastmilk
You can also introduce fruit juice of
You can also introduce puree of apple and banana