Question: Hi..my daughter is one year old she has motions from yesterday..I want to ask about her diet
Answer: Below are some of the reasons for loose motions :-
1.) Teething time is one of the main reasons for loose motions in babies
2.) Introduction of new solid food can cause loose motions in babies.
3.) Improper digestion can trigger loose motions in children.
4.) Infection due to virus or bacteria can also be another reason for disturbed motions in babies.
5.) Strong medication can cause loose motions in children. Please avoid.
6.) Poor Hygiene and bad weather can also trouble baby’s bowel movements.
Home Remedies to Cure Loose Motions in Babies:-
1. Sabudana Water for Loose Motions in Babies
Give your baby sabudana ka pani ( Sago Water) . Process to make sadubana water is as below.
Soak sabudana for 1 hour.
Put sufficient water and keep it on boiling
Boil till sabudana get completely immersed in water.
Strain and give sabudana water to your baby to cure loose motions.
Recommended Age: 6+ months
2. BreastMilk helps recover
If you are breastfeeding your baby then you should continue feeding your child. Breastmilk is the best solution to keep baby hydrated if he is below 6 months of age. During loose motions, you can increase the frequency of feeding.
If your baby is exclusively on breastfeeding then you have to cut down foods like greasy foods, spicy foods, dairy products which can trigger diarrhea in your child.
3. ORS as Home Remedy
Give your baby plenty of fluids. Babies tend to dehydrate faster than adults. Give your baby ORS (Oral Rehydration Salts). ORS is a special combination of dry salts that is mixed with safe water. Oral Rehydration Salts can help replace the fluids lost due to diarrhoea. You can buy ORS sachets from the market or make ORS at home.
It is the most effective and least expensiveway to manage dehydration.
6 teaspoons of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 liter of filter water
Dissolved the sugar, salt in water. Give this solution to your child to drink after every 2 hours.
4. Banana for treating diarrhea in babies
Give your baby mashed banana. Or you can try to give banana with a little curd. It is the most traditional home remedy to stop loose and it works wonders. Banana provides strength and energy.
5. Pomegranate cures loose motions in kids
Give pomegranate juice at regular intervals. This will help in rehydrating the child. Blend the pomegranate seeds in a mixer and extract its juice. If you think, juice is too heavy for little one then dilute it with water and feed your baby.
Recommended Age: 7+ months
6. Curd or dahi is best probiotic
Curd helps to cure diarrhoea. Give your baby fresh curd/ dahi with roasted cumin seeds/ jeera powder. Or you can add half teaspoon of sugar and pinch of salt and give it to your baby.
Recommended Age: 6+ months
8. Chawal ka pani as a remedy when baby stomach is upset
Give your child, chawal ka pani to drink during motions.
9. Dal ka Pani to treat loose motions in babies
10. Give your baby coconut water to drink in loose motions
11. Nutmeg (Jaiphal) tackles with loose motions in kids.
Recommended Age: 10+ months
12. Arrowroot powder to cure upset tummy
13. Buttermilk to treat loose motions
Recommended Age: 8+ months
14. Carrot Juice is also good in loose motions
15. Honey is very effective in fighting loose stools
16. Avoid milk products when baby is suffering from loose motions
17. Pomegranate Leaves
Pomegranate (Anar) helps to rehydrate our body. For this remedy, you need to boil the pomegranate leaves in water. Once its boiled, add sugar into it then strain through a sieve.
Hope it helps.
Question: hi my baby is 1 yr. 6 months old...I want to know about her meals...
Answer: At this stage the one thing that you need to keep in mind is to cut down the milk intake. As it's insufficient for the growth of the baby. It doesn't give the complete nutrition to the body that needed daily. At this stage baby needs 20-30oz milk everyday and that can be fulfil by either giving a cup of plain milk, milk products or milk based items. At this stage you can also start weaning the breastmilk if you baby allows and wishes. Few tips for feeding the baby,
1. Always understand the baby acceptance regarding the food texture. If still accept pureed food don't force to accept chunky foods.
2. Always remember don't force feed the baby . It may leads to loose of food interest.
3. Be creative on your cooking as well as presentation side .
4. Keep trying different recipes and mix match the two ingredients to make new one.
5. Always feed the baby in stainless steel , glass or silver bowl .Plastic feeding bowl and spoon should be strictly avoided.
6. Baby gets hungry soon in every 2-3 hours but you need to understand the hunger sign of your baby.
7. At this stage baby needs 4-5 times meal.
8. Food items are recommended are generic and avoid if your baby has any particular food allergies.
Food items that you can feed are,
Rice Apple porridge, rice kheer, Apple kheer, ragi kheer, sabudana kheer, ragi and banana porridge,Apple ragi porridge, ragi pancakes, ragi idli, ragi and nuts porridge, moong daal soup,potato carrot soup, tomato carrot soup, muesli curd, muesli and milk , vegetables soup, sooji banana porridge , sooji Apple porridge, scramble eggs, oats and nuts porridge, Apple oats porridge,milk oats and dates porridge, daliya, Apple daliya porridge, banana daliya porridge, barley kheer, curd oats, plain and veggie khichdi, upma, sooji chilla, veggie appam, sabudana vegetables khichdi, makhana kheer , boiled vegetables with pasta and breads, chicken soup, etc .
Apple puree, chikoo puree, papaya puree, carrot puree,pumpkin puree,watermelon, kiwi puree, banana puree, banana with curd,avocado puree, home made flavoured yogurt.
Banana shake,dates shake, Apple shake, avocado shake, kiwi shake,chiku shake , Banana kiwi smoothie, avocado Apple smoothie etc.are the options .
Question: I want to ask about diet plans for 6 months old baby
Answer: Hello, I'm happy to help.
You can give your little one what you make for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Here are a few foods that you can give your 6 month old:
Breastmillk plus Rice Cereal.
Apricot Puree 6 to 8 months