Answer: Hello dear
Loose motions or diarrhoea in babies are caused due to various reasons such as allergies of some food, antibiotics, surrounding is unclean etc.
Home remedies for loose motions:
1. Give ORS to the baby at regular intervals to keep dehydration
2. Give banana to babies as it contains potassium, zinc, iron, calcium, magnesium and vitamin A and B6
3. Mix a teaspoon of ginger, some cinnamon powder, a bit of cumin powder and a teaspoon of honey. Give this mixture to your baby thrice a day.
4. Give ur baby apple, curd, buttermilk, coconut water, carrot juice, starch rich products, lemon, mint etc
Similar Questions with Answers
Question: My baby is 3 1/2 month old he had green loose motion from last 15 days daily 7- 8 loose motion . Pls suggest home remedy for this
Answer: Is she on onlu brestmilk? Or on combination feed? If she is on only breastfeeding you dont need to worry.
And pls domt give anything orally.. no homeremedice.. she is too small foe it ..
Just breastmilk is enough
Question: My baby completed six month today..but since last 4 days he is having loose motion that too greenish in colour..Remedy and reason
Answer: Hi.. Dear green stool is usually the result of a high quantity of leafy, green vegetables in mother's diet.If food moves too quickly through the intestine, bile pigment can't break down sufficient lying, resulting in green frothy stool..
Nothing to worry, however, you can apply little asafoetida mixed in luke warm water on the tummy of your baby twice or thrice, it will give him/her some relief.
Question: My baby is having loose motion from 2 days..pls suggest something
Answer: Teething time is one of the main reasons for loose motions in babies
Introduction of new solid food can cause loose motions in babies.
Improper digestion can trigger loose motions in children.
Infection due to virus or bacteria can also be another reason for disturbed motions in babies.
Strong medication can cause loose motions in children. Please avoid.
Poor Hygiene and bad weather can also trouble baby’s bowel movements.
Home Remedies to Cure Loose Motions in Babies
1. Sabudana Water for Loose Motions in Babies
Give your baby sabudana ka pani ( Sago Water) . Process to make sadubana water is as below.
Soak sabudana for 1 hour.
Put sufficient water and keep it on boiling
Boil till sabudana get completely immersed in water.
Strain and give sabudana water to your baby to cure loose motions.
Recommended Age: 6+ months
2. BreastMilk helps recover
If you are breastfeeding your baby then you should continue feeding your child. Breastmilk is the best solution to keep baby hydrated if he is below 6 months of age. During loose motions, you can increase the frequency of feeding.
If your baby is exclusively on breastfeeding then you have to cut down foods like greasy foods, spicy foods, dairy products which can trigger diarrhea in your child.
3. ORS as Home Remedy
Give your baby plenty of fluids. Babies tend to dehydrate faster than adults. Give your baby ORS (Oral Rehydration Salts). ORS is a special combination of dry salts that is mixed with safe water. Oral Rehydration Salts can help replace the fluids lost due to diarrhoea. You can buy ORS sachets from the market or make ORS at home.
It is the most effective and least expensiveway to manage dehydration.
6 teaspoons of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 liter of filter water
Dissolved the sugar, salt in water. Give this solution to your child to drink after every 2 hours.
4. Banana for treating diarrhea in babies
Give your baby mashed banana. Or you can try to give banana with a little curd. It is the most traditional home remedy to stop loose and it works wonders. Banana provides strength and energy.
5. Pomegranate cures loose motions in kids
Give pomegranate juice at regular intervals. This will help in rehydrating the child. Blend the pomegranate seeds in a mixer and extract its juice. If you think, juice is too heavy for little one then dilute it with water and feed your baby.
Recommended Age: 7+ months
6. Curd or dahi is best probiotic
Curd helps to cure diarrhoea. Give your baby fresh curd/ dahi with roasted cumin seeds/ jeera powder. Or you can add half teaspoon of sugar and pinch of salt and give it to your baby.
Recommended Age: 6+ months
8. Chawal ka pani as a remedy when baby stomach is upset
Give your child, chawal ka pani to drink during motions.
9. Dal ka Pani to treat loose motions in babies
10. Give your baby coconut water to drink in loose motions
11. Nutmeg (Jaiphal) tackles with loose motions in kids.
Recommended Age: 10+ months
12. Arrowroot powder to cure upset tummy
13. Buttermilk to treat loose motions
Recommended Age: 8+ months
14. Carrot Juice is also good in loose motions
15. Honey is very effective in fighting loose stools
16. Avoid milk products when baby is suffering from loose motions
17. Pomegranate Leaves
Pomegranate (Anar) helps to rehydrate our body. For this remedy, you need to boil the pomegranate leaves in water. Once its boiled, add sugar into it then strain through a sieve.