Similar Questions with Answers
Question: my baby is suffering from cold ... he has constantly runny nose .... n mild cough .... wt to do ???
Answer: Consult ur pediatrician...as a home remedy u can use mustard oil infused with methi seeds and garlic...massage ur baby with this twice..Nd at night put some Vicks on his feet Nd cover it with socks...
Question: My baby 100 days old she has to much cough nd cold wt am to do
Cold are caused by viruses, climate changes and infections since the baby is only 3 months old, you try the following to give some relief.
1. Use saline water if the nose is stuffed- Saline water is best in stuffed nose it helps loosen the mucus.
2. Give her plenty of Breast milk-Breast milk is everything your baby needs now to take the germ out through pee.
3.You can give steam bath-steam bath also loosens the mucus and gets drained out from nostrils.
4. Musterd oil massage on the chest and feet-If the oil suits the baby please rub it on the chest and feet to generate heat this too will help loosen the mucus.
5. Elevate the baby upright so that he can breathe easyily and while sleeping make the pillow also a little elevated.
Please consult the Paed before giving any medicine however you can follow some home remedy too.
*Steam n nasoclear drops.
Steam 3-4 times a day - hold him and sit in a steamy bathroom (run a hot shower). Also, holding him upright as much as possible will keep him comfortable.
Saline nasal sprays are good too and will help keep nasal passages moist and loosen the mucus.
*If you are massaging massage with warm oil...that also bring relief
*you can give ajwain sek in a potli too.
Hope this helps!
Question: My baby is 140 days old she has full cold nd cough wt am to do?
Dear Babies below 6 months are highly sensitive and need more care and protection. It is best to avoid medicines during this time unless there is no other option.
Here are few tips that can help you;
1.Place a humidifier in the room so that it is easier for the child to breathe. It helps to keep the room moist and prevent the formation of crusty mucus in your baby’s nose. You can also try giving light steam to your baby. Inhaling steam helps to clear nasal blockage and makes the baby sleep better but isn’t so easy to make a baby inhale steam. You can also use your bathroom as a steam room. Turn on the geyser and once the water is hot, turn on the tap and keep the door closed. Sit with your baby in the bathroom for at least 10-15 minutes.
2. Just tie 7 garlic pods in a small piece of cloth and tie them around the baby’s neck at night. The strong smell of garlic helps to open the airways and relieves the congestion in the nose and the antibacterial properties of garlic destroy the bacteria.
3.Massage your baby’s chest with lukewarm mustard oil mixed with garlic cloves. Babies love to be massaged and massaging with this oil provides warmth to your baby’s body. Garlic has antibacterial properties and it destroys the cold-causing bacteria.This remedy is very useful in curing cough in babies.
4.Saffron is known for its medicinal properties and is very effective in treating cold, cough and fever. Applying saffron paste on the baby’s forehead can help to relieve a blocked nose. To prepare saffron paste, just take a pinch of saffron, grind it, add a few drops of water and apply this paste on your baby’s forehead, chest, throat and under the feet before going to bed.
5.Carom seeds or ajwain can be heated and tied in a clean fresh cotton handkerchief like a potli. Now use this potli as a hot compress on your baby’s chest and back. This potli can also be kept in the sleeping bag or near the head of your baby so he gets the smell throughout the night. You can also add garlic peels to this as garlic has a strong aroma and will help to clear the nasal passages.
6. Just rub a piece of nutmeg (jaiphal) on the grinding stone and mix this powder with 2 teaspoons of cow milk. Now apply this paste on the forehead of your child. The strong aroma of nutmeg helps to relieve stuffy nose of babies.