Question: my son is 1.5 yrs old...n he is under weight of around a only 8 kgs. can u suggest any food for him that increases his weight. as we both husband wife are fit n fine with our weight
At this stage the one thing that you need to keep in mind is to cut down the milk intake. As it's insufficient for the growth of the baby. It doesn't give the complete nutrition to the body that needed daily. At this stage baby needs 20-30oz milk everyday and that can be fulfil by either giving a cup of plain milk, milk products or milk based items. At this stage you can also start weaning the breastmilk if you baby allows and wishes. Few tips for feeding the baby,
1. Always understand the baby acceptance regarding the food texture. If still accept pureed food don't force to accept chunky foods.
2. Always remember don't force feed the baby . It may leads to loose of food interest.
3. Be creative on your cooking as well as presentation side .
4. Keep trying different recipes and mix match the two ingredients to make new one.
5. Always feed the baby in stainless steel , glass or silver bowl .Plastic feeding bowl and spoon should be strictly avoided.
6. Baby gets hungry soon in every 2-3 hours but you need to understand the hunger sign of your baby.
7. At this stage baby needs 4-5 times meal.
8. Food items are recommended are generic and avoid if your baby has any particular food allergies.
Food items that you can feed are,
Rice Apple porridge, rice kheer, Apple kheer, ragi kheer, sabudana kheer, ragi and banana porridge,Apple ragi porridge, ragi pancakes, ragi idli, ragi and nuts porridge, moong daal soup,potato carrot soup, tomato carrot soup, muesli curd, muesli and milk , vegetables soup, sooji banana porridge , sooji Apple porridge, scramble eggs, oats and nuts porridge, Apple oats porridge,milk oats and dates porridge, daliya, Apple daliya porridge, banana daliya porridge, barley kheer, curd oats, plain and veggie khichdi, upma, sooji chilla, veggie appam, sabudana vegetables khichdi, makhana kheer , boiled vegetables with pasta and breads, chicken soup, etc .
Apple puree, chikoo puree, papaya puree, carrot puree,pumpkin puree,watermelon, kiwi puree, banana puree, banana with curd,avocado puree, home made flavoured yogurt.
Banana shake,dates shake, Apple shake, avocado shake, kiwi shake,chiku shake , Banana kiwi smoothie, avocado Apple smoothie etc.are the options .u
Question: Hi I was married in 21dec 2016, in Jan 2017 I was pregnant my husband n family didn't accept it n in march only they beat me n sent to my parents home now my baby is 17month my husband till now didn't come to take me nor contact me ... I 've only support of my father... my problem is my baby wants only breastfeeding n eats anything n he screams a lot n cries it irritates everyone no one takes him nor look afters him.... I m the only one for my son pls help me how to feed him as I 've tried every thing to feed him he won't opens his mouth... doctor's days to wean off the bm... i want to earn but my son not co operate me I m alone n suffering lot
Answer: hi dear. Aap apne baby ko moong dal khichdi, suji kheer, daal chawal, mashed banana, apple pear puree yeh sb dena start kro. Agr woh nhi khata toh phone pe rhymes lga kr usmein uska dhyan divert kro or fir usey khilane ki koshish kro. M sure woh jrur khayega. You r very strong mom, u can do it. Best of luck.