Question: Anomaly scan is necessary? Bcoz my doctor never said me for anomaly scan.
Answer: Hi dear. One scan per trimester is advised, to verify if things are normal with the baby. The anomaly scan is done to:
1. show how your baby is growing
2. Check fetal movements and make sure the baby's internal organs are developing well
3. detect certain birth defects in your baby
4. estimate the amount of amniotic fluid
5. check the umbilical cord and position of the placents
6. check your cervix and measure the birth canal
It is done by ultrasound scanning. Maybe you can ask your doctor about it. It is an easy harmless procedure.