Similar Questions with Answers
Question: my doctor has prescribed monticope tablet for cold and cough.. I am 17 weeks pregnant.. is it safe to take medication..
Answer: It's safe. You can also try these remedies.
1. Make a tulsi, ginger,cloves and black pepper kadha and drink twice a day .
2. Tulsi ginger tea to soothe the throat pain.
3. Boil half a tsp of turmeric in a glass of water and drink before bed .
4. Take steam
5. Gargle with hot salty water frequently.
6. Take honey ginger juice thrice a day.
7. Take steam.
Question: I am 12 weeks pregnant and have severe cold and fever. What should i do? My gynecologist has prescribed some medication for cold and fever. Can i take that? Is it safe for baby?
Answer: For fever you should definitely take medicine that ur doctor has prescribed and that too if fever is more than 100° f. However for cold you can use home remedy. Take turmeric milk twice a day morning evening! It works wonderfully. Just add a pinch of turmeric powder to the milk (with sugar or without sugar ur option). You will be amazed by the result!
Question: I m having cold n cough 16 weeks pregnant what to do not able to sleep due to cough
Answer: If you get a cold or a cough, try treating it by doing the following:
• Place a humidifier in your room, keep your head elevated on your pillow while resting.
• Drink warm tea, or gargle with warm salt water.
• Besides that take proper rest & sleep, drink plenty of fluids & increase intake of Vitamin C as it boosts immunity
• You can also count on home remedies like – a) Kaada made of tulsi, honey, adrak, b) Take mild steam c) increase intake of garlic as it acts like a powerhouse against the cold during pregnancy!
It is best to reduce the number of over-the-counter medications you take. Many medications you normally would use to treat the symptoms of your cold are not safe to take during your pregnancy.