Question: Hi i am 15 weeks pregnant and i have lot of lower abdomen pain. I can't sit and even can't stnd for a long tome in one place.
Answer: It is normal due to the growing uterus and hormonal surge. The uterine cavity occupies more room in the abdominal cavity, further pushing the stomach and creating heavyness.You can try following tips - • Maintain good posture - Stand up straight and tall. When you stand, use a comfortably wide stance for the best support. If you must stand for long periods of time, rest one foot on a low step stool — and take time for frequent breaks. Good posture also means sitting with care. Choose a chair that supports your back, or place a small pillow behind your lower back.
• Wear low-heeled — not flat — shoes with good arch support.
• When lifting a small object, squat down and lift with your legs. Don't bend at the waist or lift with your back. It's also important to know your limits. Ask for help if you need it.
• Sleep on your side, not your back. Keep one or both knees bent. Consider using pregnancy or support pillows between your bent knees, under your abdomen and behind your back.
• Massage or the application of a heating pad or ice pack might relieve pain
• You can also practice yoga