Answer: you can continue breastfeeding...Modifying your diet is the easiest and most natural way to treat diarrhea while breast-feeding. Doctors will often recommend the popular BRAT diet, which stands for:
The BRAT foods are bland foods that are generally well-tolerated and easy to digest for more people suffering from diarrhea. The regimen is low in protein and low in fat, which benefits your digestive system. The BRAT diet is also low in fiber, which will help your body firm up loose stools.
Furthermore, the bananas will replace much of the potassium, which is needed to maintain cellular and electrical function, lost during a bout of diarrhea. Avoid brown rice, since it’s higher in fiber.
Answer: Hello Dear, yes you can breastfeed your child even if you are suffering from diarrhoea, but make sure you drink plenty of liquids to keep up your fluid levels and prevent dehydration. See your doctor if your symptoms don't get better after a few days.
There are very few illnesses when you should stop breastfeeding. Most common illnesses, like colds and flu, can't be passed through breast milk. In fact, if you are unwell, your breast milk will contain antibodies, which help to protect your baby from getting the same illness. Take care.
Answer: You should breastfeed your baby.. it's a myth that if the mother is sick she shouldn't feed the baby.. it's not like that.. if the mother is sick then automatically antibodies will produce to fight against the antigens.. which keeps safe the breast milk and can be given to baby..
Similar Questions with Answers
Question: I'm suffering from Lose motion from last night what should I do
Answer: It is best to turn to home remedies for any discomfort you face during your pregnancy. Over the counter drugs are not advisable when you are carrying and thus, in case of diarrhoea, you can try some of these home remedies:
1. Drink plenty of water to supplement the lost fluid in your body. Try to drink at least one litre every two hours.
2. Drink ginger tea because it has antispasmodic properties that may help relieve the symptoms of diarrhoea by reducing stomach spasms and the gases from the fermented material that causes frequent, watery stools. For this, you just need to boil some ginger and tea in water and allow it to stand for 10 to 15 minutes. Strain and then consume with sugar or honey.
3. You can also try drinking three to four tablespoons of honey in a glass of lukewarm water. The antioxidant and antibacterial properties found in honey’s enzymes and amino acids help boost the immune system.
4. Lemon is a liver stimulant which helps in controlling irritable bowel movement and provides relief from diarrhoea. You can consume a mixture of lemon juice, crushed black pepper one-fourth teaspoon and half a teaspoon of ginger powder two times a day
5. You can also add peppermint extract to half a cup of water and drink it twice or thrice a day. The volatile oils in peppermint have been known to sooth irritable bowel syndrome, with their calming and numbing effects.
6. Psyllium husk is said to be effective as it reduces the frequency and severity of diarrhoea. It is anti-diarrhoeal which means it absorbs the water content from intestines and helps in managing diarrhoea.
Question: I am 8 week pregnant, I was suffering from lose motion so I took lomofem tablet after that now I am suffering from constipation. what should I do?
Answer: Hi dear, Though I am not sure if you have taken the medicine on the advice of the doctor or not, but please do not consume any medicine without consulting the doctor.
Constipation is very painful yet common in pregnancy, but if not treated in time will create trouble in your pregnancy even after delivery. There are few remedies that you can try for yourself, hope it works.
1. When you get up in the morning, drink a glass of warm water with lemon.
2. Take a tablespoon of coconut oil or olive oil before each meal. The oil which help soften and lubricate the stool.
3. Eat high-fiber foods such as whole grain cereals and breads, brown rice, and beans as well as fresh fruits and vegetables every day.
4: Go for a long walk (or a repetitive walk close to the toilet).
5: Take a glass of warm water or herbal tea before bed.
6: Stew on the stove half a cup of dried fruits such as apricots or prunes with a cupful of water. Cook till the fruit is soft and then mash it and eat the whole thing including liquids in the morning before eating anything else.
7: Avoid caffeinated drinks.
8. Go to the toilet when you have the urge, don't put it off.
9: To ease the stool passing, rub some organic oil (e.g. virgin coconut oil) on your bottom area.
10. Drink lots of water throughout the day.
11. Have rich fibre diet like oats, pomegranate with seeds etc .
12. Go for walk daily.
13. Consult ayurvedic doctor for medication.
Question: my baby is 11 month 19 days old. he is suffering from lose motion.. what should I do
Answer: Dear baby k teeth nikl rhe h to loose mption ho jate h...agr jyada ho to ap dr se consult karo...or vse ap baby ko pani dete rho...namak or pani ka ghol b de skte ho...