Question: I am really frustrated.. my one year old boy doesnot want to eat and drink milk at all..what do i do..it takes him at times 12 hours and he doesnt want to drink milk while he is asleep..and during the time he is awake he hardly eats anything like only cerelac and biscuits in milk that i have to give him with a push by making him engage in watching rhymes and all..what all should i give ..he hasnt started any solids yet..please suggest..how much quantity of water should i give him and how much of milk...do i need to visit doc?? Pl help !!!
At this stage the one thing that you need to keep in mind is to cut down the milk intake. As it's insufficient for the growth of the baby. It doesn't give the complete nutrition to the body that needed daily. At this stage baby needs 20-30oz milk everyday and that can be fulfil by either giving a cup of plain milk, milk products or milk based items. At this stage you can also start weaning the breastmilk if you baby allows and wishes. Few tips for feeding the baby,
1. Always understand the baby acceptance regarding the food texture. If still accept pureed food don't force to accept chunky foods.
2. Always remember don't force feed the baby . It may leads to loose of food interest.
3. Be creative on your cooking as well as presentation side .
4. Keep trying different recipes and mix match the two ingredients to make new one.
5. Always feed the baby in stainless steel , glass or silver bowl .Plastic feeding bowl and spoon should be strictly avoided.
6. Baby gets hungry soon in every 2-3 hours but you need to understand the hunger sign of your baby.
7. At this stage baby needs 4-5 times meal.
8. Food items are recommended are generic and avoid if your baby has any particular food allergies.
Food items that you can feed are,
Rice Apple porridge, rice kheer, Apple kheer, ragi kheer, sabudana kheer, ragi and banana porridge,Apple ragi porridge, ragi pancakes, ragi idli, ragi and nuts porridge, moong daal soup,potato carrot soup, tomato carrot soup, muesli curd, muesli and milk , vegetables soup, sooji banana porridge , sooji Apple porridge, scramble eggs, oats and nuts porridge, Apple oats porridge,milk oats and dates porridge, daliya, Apple daliya porridge, banana daliya porridge, barley kheer, curd oats, plain and veggie khichdi, upma, sooji chilla, veggie appam, sabudana vegetables khichdi, makhana kheer , boiled vegetables with pasta and breads, chicken soup, etc .
Apple puree, chikoo puree, papaya puree, carrot puree,pumpkin puree,watermelon, kiwi puree, banana puree, banana with curd,avocado puree, home made flavoured yogurt.
Banana shake,dates shake, Apple shake, avocado shake, kiwi shake,chiku shake , Banana kiwi smoothie, avocado Apple smoothie etc.are the options .
Question: My baby is 13 months old....he doesnt drink milk at all..initially he used to drink...i did not give him bottle feed..wat can i add to the milk n give him.???
Answer: You can give in the form of milk shakes. Banana milk shake, you need bananas,milk and sugar is optional. Just blend ingredients to smooth and you can enjoy your drink. You can make all fruit milk shakes like apple, sapota, guava, chocolate some times. Dry fruits like almonds, cashews, dry grapes, pistachio can be added to milk shake to enhance nutrition as well as taste. If this did not work you can substitute with paneer, cheese etc. Please go through Healofy home page for tips, diet, recipes and many more they help a lot. Take care