Similar Questions with Answers
Question: how to improve breast milk
Answer: Following tips might help in increasing breastmilk once u r feeding -
• Eat more of green leafy vegetables especially dill , methi , palak and methi seeds cooked along with rice.
• Eat atleast one serving of leafy green veggies in a day.
• Drink milk and coconut water and other healthy drinks yourself. Stay hydrated yourself.
• Include foods like ghee, pomegranate, carrots,barley, cumin seeds, garlic , apricots and oatmeal on your meal.
• Massage the breasts for a while before feeding every time...this is supposed to increase the milk flow.
• Feed your baby well...atleast once every 2 hours. The more you feed more will be the milk produced. Feed for longer so that your baby gets enough of fore milk and hind milk which is richer in fat.
• Don't take any stress and tension. just relax. sleep when the baby sleeps.
• Eat well and feed your baby well.
• Breastmilk is packed with all the necessary nutrients for your baby. Hence you should be eating the right things to ensure it reaches your little one. Some of the best foods are:
• Leafy green veggies: rich in Vitamin A, vitamin C, Iron, calcium and anti oxidants.
• Seasonal fruits: rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and energy.
• Eggs: rich in protein, vitamin D and calcium.
• Whole grains: oatmeal, brown rice, barley are rich in proteins, vitamins, Iron, minerals and energy.
• Low fat dairy products: milk and yogurt are rich in vitamun B,vitamin D and calcium.
• Lean meats:Fish and chicken are rich in vital nutrients. some try to avoid this upto a few months. You can take a call on when to eat this after delivery.
• Garlic: Strengthens immune system and boosts lactation. It also has anti microbial and anti oxidant properties.
• Carrots: rich in potassium , carbohydrates, beta carotene and antioxidants.
• Legumes: rich in protein and iron. Peas, beans, lentils and kidney beans are some of them.
• Dairy foods, such as milk, cheese and yoghurt – these contain calcium and are a source of protein.
• Drinking plenty of fluids – have a drink beside you when you settle down to breastfeed: water and skimmed or semi-skimmed milk are all good choices. Have some soups also regularly.
Question: How to improve breast milk
Answer: These are best foods to increase breast milk production & are great in terms of bringing you back to health, as well as aid in milk production.
1.) Porridge milk twice a day
2.) veges soup 2 bowls a day
3.) daal soup thrice a day
4.) Oatmeal: Oats are easy to prepare as a meal
5.) Fennel Seeds
6.) Fenugreek Seeds
7.) Unripe Papayas
8.) Spinach And Beet Leaves
10.) Black Sesame Seeds
Some simple methods to add fenugreek seeds in your daily meals are:
Fenugreek tea: Simply soak some fenugreek seeds in water overnight. In the morning you can boil them for about 5 minutes in water and strain the seeds. What's left is fenugreek tea which you can sip on daily till you feel the milk supply has increased as per expectation
Capsules: You can also try buying fenugreek capsules which are easily available at medical stores. Consuming one capsule 2-3 times a day will do the trick
Eat whole fenugreek seeds for lactation:Take some fenugreek seeds, roughly half a teaspoon and swallow them with a glass of water. They may not taste pleasant, but they can help boost the breastmilk supply. Additionally, you may also gulp down some soaked methi seeds for boosting lactation
Powdered form: You can grind fenugreek seeds and store them in advance. Eat half a teaspoon with your meals in your curries and dals
Sprouts: One of the healthiest and tastiest forms you can have fenugreek is in a sprouted form. Mix fenugreek sprouts with salad veggies to make a wonderful salad and enjoy with your meals.
Hope it helps.
Question: How to improve breast milk...
Answer: Hello dear..
During breastfeeding you should have a nutrious diet,which should capable to fullfill your baby's need,can take shatvri powder available in natural drug store will boost your supply,Tips for increasing breast milk are as follows
Feed your baby in regular intervals... So more your baby latch more you increase your milk
Eat a nutrious diet , includes more veggies and fruits
Drink atleast two glasses of milk daily
You can also take dried fish,weekly twice,it helps in milk secretion
Garlic milk helps in producing more milk, for this you have to boil garlic in milk, once it boiled and cooked ,you can drink it with palm sugar,have this before bedtime
Fenugreek also increases breast supply,you can add it in soups,salads , you can also have fenugreek tea
Cumin water is very essential in milk secretion, it also act as a barrier against respiratory issues
A handful of dried fruits increase your milk supply, and releives from constipation, and it also makes your milk thick