Question:Hi doctor which week is advisable for anomaly scan
Answer: Hello Dear... anamoly scan is also known as mid pregnancy scan,it is usually carried out in second trimester, it takes place between 18 to 21 weeks,but usually it is performed in 20 weeks,in this scan they will close look you and your baby,the sonographer will check whether baby is growing normally and lying of your placenta
Question:Anomaly scan is necessary? Bcoz my doctor never said me for anomaly scan.
Answer: Hi dear. One scan per trimester is advised, to verify if things are normal with the baby. The anomaly scan is done to:
1. show how your baby is growing
2. Check fetal movements and make sure the baby's internal organs are developing well
3. detect certain birth defects in your baby
4. estimate the amount of amniotic fluid
5. check the umbilical cord and position of the placents
6. check your cervix and measure the birth canal
It is done by ultrasound scanning. Maybe you can ask your doctor about it. It is an easy harmless procedure.