Answer: Following things can be done when bady refuses to breast feed –
1) Nurse in calm, non crowded & less noisy environment
2) Try to cuddle & relax your baby before starting to nurse
3) Babies can nurse well in movement. Sit on a rocking chair & try nursing your baby
4) Go for strolls – Fresh air & mild sunshine can put your baby in good mood which will ease him to nures
5) Sing Lullabies – Music soothes the mood of baby
6) Try to nurse your baby during sleep
7) If baby cries a lot while nursing he might be having pain or suffering from infection. Its best to get the advice from your doctor in such a case
8)Make sure to keep fingers far from the nipple so you don't affect how baby latches on. Aim the nipsple toward the baby's upper lip/nose, not the middle of the mouth.You might need to rub the nipple across the top lip to get your baby to open his/her mouth. The baby's head should be tilted slightly back.
If nothing works, use a breast pump and then bottle feed your baby, making sure you begin pumping every time you offer the bottle, since this will keep your milk supply up.
9) also chk if she has cold or congestion issue, whether her motions are proper or not n whether se has gas problem...in such a scenario baby refuses to tak feed
Similar Questions with Answers
Question: My baby is nt taking bm properly....she just takes it for few minutes n start crying
Answer: There are number of reasons why this might be happening. It very common to see this type of behaviour at around 6-8 weeks. Many babies will cry or fuss or pull off the breast of they need to brp try to burp between breasts and after a feeding. Another reason could be forceful let down if mom has a forceful let down. Baby may be frustrated by the too fast flow of milk with let down and can also cause excessive gas or vomiting. Slow let down some babies get impatient of mom has slow let down. So keep these things in mind while feeding.
Question: My baby is 3 month old she is too sleepy from 2 days n feeding also she nt taking properly pls suggest it is good
Answer: Hi,just check the temperature of the baby as if the baby is not well she tends to be lazy and sleepy,also it is important that you wake the baby and feed at regular intervals as it is p for the growth of the baby
Question: My baby 37 days old she is nt laching properly she only take nipple n sleep n cry continuously i sit for 4 hours bt she is nt satisfied wid ma milk wat 2 do?
Answer: It's normal dear.. In the beginning baby will latching issue and they will not have how to latch. So you need have little patience.. Keep trying offer breastmilk.. After trying on one point of time baby get correct latch so baby will continue dribk milk.. You can try feeding in different positions. The best position is make you baby close to your arms and then feed baby feel secured,check baby is getting sufficient milk flow, do not use any body lotion, perfumes. Sometimes because of smell babys reject the breast milk. Keep trying he will take dear. You are feeling Palin express the milk and feed your baby in tiny spoon very small quantity dear. You can use manual pumping machine. Give a hot massage to your breasts gives relief from pain. Drink lots of water dear. Keep trying dear.