Answer: Following things can be done when bady refuses to breast feed –
1) Nurse in calm, non crowded & less noisy environment
2) Try to cuddle & relax your baby before starting to nurse
3) Babies can nurse well in movement. Sit on a rocking chair & try nursing your baby
4) Go for strolls – Fresh air & mild sunshine can put your baby in good mood which will ease him to nures
5) Sing Lullabies – Music soothes the mood of baby
6) Try to nurse your baby during sleep
7) If baby cries a lot while nursing he might be having pain or suffering from infection. Its best to get the advice from your doctor in such a case
8)Make sure to keep fingers far from the nipple so you don't affect how baby latches on. Aim the nipsple toward the baby's upper lip/nose, not the middle of the mouth.You might need to rub the nipple across the top lip to get your baby to open his/her mouth. The baby's head should be tilted slightly back.
If nothing works, use a breast pump and then bottle feed your baby, making sure you begin pumping every time you offer the bottle, since this will keep your milk supply up.
9) also chk if she has cold or congestion issue, whether her motions are proper or not n whether se has gas problem...in such a scenario baby refuses to tak feed
Similar Questions with Answers
Question: My baby is nt taking bm properly....she just takes it for few minutes n start crying
Answer: There are number of reasons why this might be happening. It very common to see this type of behaviour at around 6-8 weeks. Many babies will cry or fuss or pull off the breast of they need to brp try to burp between breasts and after a feeding. Another reason could be forceful let down if mom has a forceful let down. Baby may be frustrated by the too fast flow of milk with let down and can also cause excessive gas or vomiting. Slow let down some babies get impatient of mom has slow let down. So keep these things in mind while feeding.
Question: My baby is 3 month old she is too sleepy from 2 days n feeding also she nt taking properly pls suggest it is good
Answer: Hi,just check the temperature of the baby as if the baby is not well she tends to be lazy and sleepy,also it is important that you wake the baby and feed at regular intervals as it is p for the growth of the baby
Question: I have my baby through c section, she is just 5 days old, wat type od food should i take??
Answer: Hi mam as you had C section you can take for foods except brinjal because my grandmother used to tell that brinjal because itching around the stitches social avoid me to take the brinjal and also you can avoid a spicy deep fried oily food items that might cause constipation issues you should also avoid more Maida based food bakery items chocolate ice cream cake this will cause constipation issues which is not good after delivery