Question:Hii am 33 week pregnant my afi is 7 is showed any suggestions?? Z how to increase afi??
Following are the natural ways to increase amniotic fluid
1. Drink at least 14-17 glasses of water every day. One of the simplest ways to upsurge your amniotic fluid is to make certain that you are always hydrated.
2. Consume fruits that have water contents. A remarkable way to stay hydrated while also getting good nutrients is to consume fruits and veggies that have high water concentration
Vegetables like cucumber, iceberg lettuce, celery, radishes, spinach, green peppers, cauliflower, broccoli and baby carrots and fruits such as watermelon, tomatoes, strawberries, star fruit, grapefruit and cantaloupe.
3.When you lie on your left side, your blood flows more smoothly through the uterine blood vessels and allows your baby’s blood flow to also move at a regular rate. This may cause the amniotic fluid index to rise.
4.Avoid alcohol. If you are pregnant, you should not drink alcohol of any kind since it is not good for your baby’s health and cause amniotic fluid drop
Question:I'm 7 months pregnant my AFI is 19.8 is it Normal or If it is heavy how to reduce?
Answer: Ur afi has crossed d range of 8-18...Polyhydramnios is a condition where a woman simply has too much amniotic fluid during her pregnancy. As a rule of thumb, polyhydramnios is usually diagnosed with an AFI over 25 or a big pocket of fluid on the ultrasound of over 8 cm.
Do you have diabetes or gestational diabetes? Keep a control over your sugar level n reduce water intake
Polyhydramnios might lead to some complications in delivery.
• Increased risk of a breech baby (with more fluid, the baby can have trouble getting head down)
• increased risk of uterine cord prolapse, which is when the umbilical cord slips out of the uterus and into the vagina before delivery of the baby
• increased risk of bleeding complications after birth (the uterus can simply get stretched out and tired)
• premature labor and delivery