Question:Hi,I am working lady and 14 weeks 5 days pregnant.My total journey hours is 3 to 4 hrs daily.So is it safe for my baby to travel regular basis?How long I can continue my work?
Answer: There is no harm in travelling if you don't have any complications with the pregnancy.
Take extra care of yourself though.
1) Carry lunch and snacks so you can eat something at every 2hours.
2) Drink a glass of water at every 1 hour.
3) Don't sit for more then a hour. Stand, walk and then resume sitting.
4) Place a stool under your desk so that you can keep your feet at raised surface, this way your legs won't swell up.
5) Chances of UTI are very common during pregnancy hence carry a toilet disinfectant spray. Use it to sanitise seat.
6) Wear comfortable clothes and shoes. Avoid wearing tight clothes.
With proper planning and care you can easily continue working till labour.