Planning for pregnancy

Question: Hi guys..Neelam here..has anyone here diagnosed with thallasemia Minor ?or delivered baby normally or faced any issue during pregnancy?

1 Answers
Question
Answer: hi dear! so if the mother has thalassemia minor and the father is normal it means the baby has 25%chance of getting it. Thalassaemia is passed down through families and is carried on a recessive gene. This means that your baby won't automatically inherit thalassaemia. so dont worry there will be normal delivery only not a problem. also if both the partners are thalassemia minor then : 1. 25percent chance of having thalassemia major. 2. 50 percent chance of having thalassemia minor And 3. 25 percent chance of having a normal child. There is no way to say for certain what exactly the outcome would be unless some test is done. If you are pregnant, then you can go for chorionic villus sampling which would be able to tell what will the exact outcome be. take care dear!
  • avatar
    Anoop Shekhawat31 days ago

    Thanks you Dr.Just got to know few days back during my pre conception counselling and test. Waiting for husband's hplc results.

Similar Questions with Answers
Question: hi am diagnosed with corrosion in cervix doctor gave antibiotics n vaginal tablet. please share if anyone faced same issue n how did it cure
Answer: sometimes it happens in some pregnancy so no need to worry. follow your doctor's advise and take medicines.
»Read All Answers
Question: Baby growth lagged by 1week,has anyone faced this issue? Is it ok?
Answer: Take medicine as ur doctor has prescribed.. Initially innthr first trimester they prescribe folic acid and later they prescribe iron or calcium...Please ask ur doctor about it. Till then support ur body with calcium like milk,curd etc and iron from beetroot,dates, leafy vegetables. Have a healthy pregnancy!!
»Read All Answers
Question: Has anyone faced problem with mustard oil in pregnancy. Smelling very bad
Answer: Its common to have allergies during pregnancy. So avoid mustard oil and use some other oil. After few days check once again you might have overcome that problem.
»Read All Answers
Question: Has anyone faced problem with mustard oil in pregnancy. Smelling very bad
Answer: Its common to have allergies during pregnancy. So avoid mustard oil and use some other oil. After few days check once again you might have overcome that problem.
»Read All Answers