Question: hellos. . . . . . please guide what to you eat while breast feeding. ...my dr said I shall eat everything but elders guide something else. ....plus my baby has gas problems....I am totally confused....please guide
Answer: Avoid tangy,spicy,fried n cold food as it effects healin of stitches. Include food that will help in increasing breastfeed. Breastmilk is packed with all the necessary nutrients for your baby. Hence you should be eating the right things to ensure it reaches your little one. Some of the best foods are:
• Leafy green veggies: rich in Vitamin A, vitamin C, Iron, calcium and anti oxidants.
• Seasonal fruits: rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and energy.
• Eggs: rich in protein, vitamin D and calcium.
• Whole grains: oatmeal, brown rice, barley are rich in proteins, vitamins, Iron, minerals and energy.
• Low fat dairy products: milk and yogurt are rich in vitamun B,vitamin D and calcium.
• Lean meats:Fish and chicken are rich in vital nutrients. some try to avoid this upto a few months. You can take a call on when to eat this after delivery.
• Garlic: Strengthens immune system and boosts lactation. It also has anti microbial and anti oxidant properties.
• Carrots: rich in potassium , carbohydrates, beta carotene and antioxidants.
• Legumes: rich in protein and iron. Peas, beans, lentils and kidney beans are some of them.
• Dairy foods, such as milk, cheese and yoghurt – these contain calcium and are a source of protein.
• Drinking plenty of fluids – have a drink beside you when you settle down to breastfeed: water and skimmed or semi-skimmed milk are all good choices. Have some soups also regularly.
Question: Hi mommies please suggest if we can eat and drink water while breast feeding. As I feel really thirsty and sometimes hungry while feeding by baby
Yes u can eat or drink while breast feeding. It's always better to have water by u. Just make sure u don't have a hot beverage or some thing spicy while feeding ur baby as u could drop it on ur baby by accident.
Question: Iam 10 week 4 days pregnant can i eat pomegranate please tell me some people tell eat but some people said don,t eat i totally confused.
Answer: Yes you can. Its full of iron and very good for your health