Answer: hello dear,
its common during climate change, here some home remedies For cough and cold:
1. Take 1 or 2 pinches of ajwain or Jeera, boil in little water and feed to your baby when warm.
2. Feed little warm water.
3. Heat mustard oil with garlic cloves and ajwain..heat till fumes cone. Apply on the chest and palm and feet of the baby.
4. Dip cotton balls in Nilgiri oil and put it in the four corners of the room.
5. You can also add few drops of Nilgiri oil in vapourizer and give the baby steam in a closed room. Remember no direct steam for small babies.
6. Take few Tulsi leave, wash and put in boiling water alongwith lavang and ginger. Boil to half the quantity.. give a little warm to the baby.
7. Give ajwain potli...heat ajwain ii n a tave till it tunrs black..tie it in muslin cloth and keep it near ur baby.
8. Take a tbsp of honey, add ginger juice a few drops. Give this to your baby 2-3 times in a day.
@@don't give honey till baby turns 1year
You can roast ajwain on the frying
Pan. Make a potli with a clean cloth and use it to warm babies chest, back, palms and feet. Once done u can leave the potli by the babies pillow it's light fumes help ease congestion.
keep the vaporizer on in the room with tulsi and ajwain leaves in the babies room the moisture will help her to breathe and ease her congestion.
You can give ginger honey mixed. It will help in easing cough
2 or 3 leaves of tulsi 2 ardusi leafs
2 ajwain leafs 1 small size bettle leaf
Add a Pinch of salt Pinch of turmeric and few drops of ghee
Make 2 cups of water to boil
Nd add all d leaf to it cutting into small pieces
Nd let it boil till it becomes hlaf of it
Nd give this to baby 2-3 spoons
Twice or thrice a day.
Slowly try to give more liquid foods, warm vegetables soup
Similar Questions with Answers
Question: My daughter is 6 months old she is having severe cold nd cough and getting fever too yesterday we consulted paediatric but untill now she is not cured she is unable to sleep due to cough plz suggest any remedies
Answer: Hi dear,
Cold and cough in babies are quite normal as their immune system is still developing.comfort your child by keeping him warm in this changing weather. Make him sip warm fluids through out the day,that will help him to stay warm inside the body and also flush out germs. Massage his feet and palms with warm mustard oil. Steam is an excellent decongestant.put few drops of eucalyptus oil in boiling water and make the child inhale it. You can also make him sip this decoction.boil some water,put few tulsi leaves,cloves,grated ginger,half teaspoon ajwain. Reduce it little,and make him drink 1 table spoon every hour.stop any kind of dairy and fruits at this stage.you can make clear soups for him with crushed pepper. Tomato soup would also be good.as it is rich in vitamin C which would help his immune system to go stronger.add pinch of turmeric in whatever soup you make.its antiinflammatory agent would fight his infection. Viral infections would finish its course by 2 weeks atleast.
Though cold and fever is quite in babies,it really concerns the parents. Fever is a sign of body fighting an infection in body,which is good.the temperature rises when the body is fighting against it but there is nothing to panic about. Keep your baby in comfortable clothes.never overdress or wrap in blankets in fever.it can get worse. To lower the temperature you can apply warm water cotton pads on his forehead.if he's also suffering from cold along with it then fever could be due to that. Make him sip lot of water to flush out the germs and also to reduce the temperature.you can give paracetamol to your baby with the right dosage given by your paediatrician,if the fever goes above 100. If your child is active once the temperature goes down,then nothing to worry.if he's unwell even after the fever is gone,visit the doctor to assess any other medical reason.
Question: My daughter is 2.3yrs old had cold for 3 days. Now the cold has reduced but she has fever and cough. what shud be done pls suggest
Answer: Before using these remedies make sure your baby are not allergic to anything and any severe throat cough should need medical advice.
1. Eucalyptus oil apply on baby clothes near collar or on dry sheets . Sinarest vapo caps also works well.
2. Sleep the infants with head upwards direction using a soft pillow.
3. Mix 5 to 10 teaspoon of mustard oil with crushed garlic and ajwain seeds and tadka. After it is cooled, strain the mixture and store in a bottle. When needed, warm a little and apply on the child’s chest, forehead and back .
4. Vicks vapour rub for kids rub on the child’s feet and leave the socks on, it can also be applied on chest.
5. Mix the ginger juice with honey make a thin solution of just a quarter tsp of it give it to your toddler above 1 year.
6. You can make tulsi, ginger , cloves tea and give few tsp twice a day to your toddler.
7. Steam in every 3-4 hours.
8. Roast the Ajwain and take a soft muslin cloth and make a potli .. when warm apply gently on chest and back for chest congestion.
Question: She is eating very little due to viral fever with cold and cough... What to do...
Answer: Hi you don't need to worry I know for us Its a very big problem when our baby suffers nd don't eat anything uh just give her soups as it is good for cold nd cough nd as uh said she is suffering from fever too make chicken soup give her liquids like juices feed her ur milk