18 weeks pregnant mother

Question: Hello mam,,,,,in my level 2 ultrasoundit shows mild club foot,,,,is it a serious problem

1 Answers
Answer: Hello, Talipes Equinovarus (TEV), commonly known as club foot, is one of the most common orthopedic birth defects. The complex deformity is produced by tight ligaments and abnormal bones in the foot that cause the foot to be pointed downwards and turned inwards . Most clubfoot deformities can be treated successfully with casting initiated during the first few weeks of life. The casting is performed weekly and allows gradual correction of the deformity.. nothing to worry about your baby will be alright with proper treatment.
Similar Questions with Answers
Question: In my level2 ultrasound it show s mild club foot,,,,is it a serious problem
Answer: No it's not a serious problem and very much correctable.
»Read All Answers
Question: My 8 month scan shows mild IUGR +, it is a serious problem? Wt it means?
Answer: hi dear ! Intrauterine growth restriction (IUGR) refers to a condition in which an unborn baby is smaller than it should be because it is not growing at a normal rate inside the womb.IUGR can begin at any time in pregnancy. Early-onset IUGR is often due to chromosomal abnormalities, maternal disease. most babies with IUGR catch up in height and weight by age 2. so dont worry just keep a track on the scans to about the iugr dear! take care dear ! i hope this information was helpful to you dear!
»Read All Answers
Question: Hello mam, i got done with level 2 scan yesterday nd my baby is diagnosed with bilateral club foot ..what should i do now.??m so stressed
Answer: Hi Dear! Club foot is a relative common birth defect. There are varying degrees and with treatment such as intense bracing which should most likely begin within the first few weeks of birth as their bones and joints are very flexible and easy to get treated. Sometimes it gets cured just by wearing shoes which are available and sometimes surgery. But the good news is it can be corrected so dont loose hope follow what your Dr. says and consult a Pediatric Orthopaedist for the issue. Wishing you the best!
»Read All Answers