Answer: When you become pregnant, your immune system is likely to change. As a result of these changes, you may contract a cold or a cough at some point during your pregnancy. If you get a cold or a cough, try treating it by doing the following:
• Place a humidifier in your room, keep your head elevated on your pillow while resting.
• Drink warm tea, or gargle with warm salt water.
• Besides that take proper rest & sleep, drink plenty of fluids & increase intake of Vitamin C as it boosts immunity
• You can also count on home remedies like – a) Kaada made of tulsi, honey, adrak, b) Take mild steam c) increase intake of garlic as it acts like a powerhouse against the cold during pregnancy!
It is best to reduce the number of over-the-counter medications you take. Many medications you normally would use to treat the symptoms of your cold are not safe to take during your pregnancy.
Similar Questions with Answers
Question: I m 9 month pregnant, suffering from cough and cold.. what to do?
Answer: Hello dear...
To reduce cold and cough,follow these remedies,it might be helpful for you...
Boil tulsi leaves with little pepper and water,reduces to half,have that water for one week,it will be more effective in reducing cough
Have vapourisation with little. Tulsi leaves or Vick's,it will reduce cold and cough
Drink water,soups ,milk in warm temperature..
Have milk with little pepper powder and palm sugar,best remedy for cold,can also have egg with little pepper and salt, for couple of days it will be effective
Drink chicken soup it will cure cold and cough soon..
Question: Hello, I'm 28 week pregnant and suffering from heavy cold and cough. What should I do now? I do not want to take medicine. Pls suggest
Answer: It is not advisable to take medicines during pregnancy
1. take some horsegram rasam or Solanum Trilobatum rasam two times a day
2.also have 2-3 karpooravalli leaves
3. Add a pinch of turmeric in hot milk and have it night before going to sleep
Question: I m 25 week pregnant and i m suffering from cold what to do plz suggest
Answer: Warm, salt-water gargles help by drawing out the mucus and reducing the painful swelling in the throat. Salt also quells the itching sensation in the throat.
These sticky tabs gently help to open up nasal passages so that you can breathe easier.
Drink plenty of water
It is important to stay hydrated as some common cold symptoms such as sneezing and runny nose can cause slight dehydration. Avoid drinks with caffeine as they may dehydrate you.
Honey and lemon
Hot water with honey and lemon can work miracles. Honey soothes your throat and the vitamin C in the lemon boosts the immune system. Ginger juice helps relieve the pain.