Question: Hi my son is 1 year and 1 month may i know food chart for him
Answer: The appetites of your baby will vary depending on his or her level of activity. The approximate estimation of the quantity of food your baby needs each day would include Up to half a cup of cereal, Up to half a cup of vegetables, Up to half a cup of fruits, Up to 3 tbsp of dairy, Up to half a cup of mixed cereals, and Up to 4 tbsp of meat or other proteins.
Dear ur baby's day should always start with the breastmilk or formula milk. After that in breakfast you can give options like healthy cereal, Ragi dosa banana pancake, regular dosa, egg yolk on toast, broken wheat porridge, paneer bhurji sandwitch.
Morning snack should be given at 11am and in that you can give Apple, banana, sweet potato wedges, papaya, pear, rusk or biscuits, melon.
In Lunch options like curd rice with veges, broken wheat khichdi, chapati with daal or other gravy, rice with fish curry, Idli Sambhar and stuffed paratha can be given.
In Dinner options like veges soup with toast, dosa with sambhar, paratha with daal, vegetable pulao with curd, rice and gravy, chapathi with paneer gravy and baked veges with mashed potato.
At the end of the day make ur baby sleep with ur breastmilk feed or formula milk feed.
Hope it helps.
Question: My son 1 year old what cn I give him for food
Answer: At this stage the one thing that you need to keep in mind is to cut down the milk intake. As it's insufficient for the growth of the baby. It doesn't give the complete nutrition to the body that needed daily. At this stage baby needs 20-30oz milk everyday and that can be fulfil by either giving a cup of plain milk, milk products or milk based items. At this stage you can also start weaning the breastmilk if you baby allows and wishes. Few tips for feeding the baby,
1. Always understand the baby acceptance regarding the food texture. If still accept pureed food don't force to accept chunky foods.
2. Always remember don't force feed the baby . It may leads to loose of food interest.
3. Be creative on your cooking as well as presentation side .
4. Keep trying different recipes and mix match the two ingredients to make new one.
5. Always feed the baby in stainless steel , glass or silver bowl .Plastic feeding bowl and spoon should be strictly avoided.
6. Baby gets hungry soon in every 2-3 hours but you need to understand the hunger sign of your baby.
7. At this stage baby needs 4-5 times meal.
8. Food items are recommended are generic and avoid if your baby has any particular food allergies.
Food items that you can feed are,
Rice Apple porridge, rice kheer, Apple kheer, ragi kheer, sabudana kheer, ragi and banana porridge,Apple ragi porridge, ragi pancakes, ragi idli, ragi and nuts porridge, moong daal soup,potato carrot soup, tomato carrot soup, muesli curd, muesli and milk , vegetables soup, sooji banana porridge , sooji Apple porridge, scramble eggs, oats and nuts porridge, Apple oats porridge,milk oats and dates porridge, daliya, Apple daliya porridge, banana daliya porridge, barley kheer, curd oats, plain and veggie khichdi, upma, sooji chilla, veggie appam, sabudana vegetables khichdi, makhana kheer , boiled vegetables with pasta and breads, chicken soup, etc .
Apple puree, chikoo puree, papaya puree, carrot puree,pumpkin puree,watermelon, kiwi puree, banana puree, banana with curd,avocado puree, home made flavoured yogurt.
Banana shake,dates shake, Apple shake, avocado shake, kiwi shake,chiku shake , Banana kiwi smoothie, avocado Apple smoothie etc.are the options .