Answer: You maHere are some home remedies for constipation while pregnant.
1. Including fiber-rich foods such as prunes, wholemeal bread, breakfast cereals, fruits, and vegetables in your pregnancy diet can help push the intestines to work hard and alleviate constipation.
2. You can try consuming natural laxatives like senna to stimulate bowel movement.
3. Increasing fluid consumption and regularly exercising can help you keep constipation at bay during pregnancy.
4. Intake of foods rich in probiotics can help alter the flora of the colon and stimulate bowel function.
5. You can safely use certain laxatives and lubricants like mineral oil, bran, and psyllium during pregnancy.
6. Adding the juice of half a lemon into a glass of lukewarm water and consuming this mixture every morning can also boost your bowel movement.
7. The consumption of cabbage soup too can help regularize bowel movements.
8. Milk offers multiple health benefits. Drinking a glass of warm milk before bed can help provide you relief from constipation during pregnancy.
It is advisable to consult your doctor before you try any home remedy to treat constipation during pregnancy.