Answer: it's really heartwrenching to see your little baby suffer.
Before suggesting you remedies for his cold, I would like to point out the issues/reason which have infected your baby with cough and cold.
First, keep your baby’s room warm. It shouldn't be too hot and dry. As dryness is favourable condition for bacteria/virus to cause congestion. Whenever using blower/heater always place a bowl of water next to it. It will keep the room humid. Humidity inhibits bacterial/viral growth.
Second, In winters always dress your baby in layers rather than making him wear heavy sweater or jackets. Start with cotton vest, thermals, light sweater, jacket if going out. Too many clothes might heat up baby's body more than required and cause suffocation. When you remove his clothing for diaper change or massage his body comes in contact with temperature which is quite low from his, the sudden change in temperature can make your baby ill.
Third, while bathing make sure the place is airtight means there is no scope for direct breeze to enter. Next steam the place before bringing in the baby. Let hot water run for while this will increase the temperature of the place. water used to bath baby shouldn't be too hot or cold. After bathing dry your baby completely, especially his hair no water should be dripping from his head. Cover him properly then come out of the washroom. Dress up baby immediately and breastfeed him.
Fourth, before touching baby make sure your hands are warm.
Now coming to remedy part-
If your baby is suffering from dry cold and cough first thing is to get a humidifier. As dryness in the air make it more difficult for baby to breathe. Add 2 3 drops of eucalyptus essential oil to it or put it on baby’s cloth. its will heal the blocked nose.
Next massage your baby chest with desi ghee mixed with sendha namak.
in case of runny cold. First use a nose bulb to clear out the mucus. Keep doing it throughout the day.
Massage baby with mustard garlic ajwain oil.
Apply nutmeg paste on baby's chest feet and palms daily at night.
Hope this helps your baby to recover soon
Similar Questions with Answers
Question: Cough and cold problem hai baby ko please suggest me
Answer: slightly smell baby with Vicks vapour rub... use only on your finger tips.. little away from baby nose.. it gives very much relief to baby.. do not apply to baby..I used to do and was very helpful for my baby.
mere baby ko cough hai
please help me
Answer: Before using these remedies make sure your baby are not allergic to anything and any severe throat cough should need medical advice .these remedies might not work well.
1. Eucalyptus oil apply on baby clothes near collar or on dry sheets . Sinarest vapo caps also works well.
2. Sleep the infants with head upwards direction using a soft pillow.
3. Mix 5 to 10 teaspoon of mustard oil with crushed garlic and ajwain seeds and tadka. After it is cooled, strain the mixture and store in a bottle. When needed, warm a little and apply on the child’s chest, forehead and back .
4. Vicks vapour rub for kids rub on the child’s feet and leave the socks on, it can also be applied on chest.
5. Mix the ginger juice with honey make a thin solution of just a quarter tsp of it give it to your toddler above 1 year.
6. You can make tulsi, ginger , cloves tea and give few tsp twice a day to your toddler.
7. Steam in every 3-4 hours.
8. Roast the Ajwain and take a soft muslin cloth and make a potli .. when warm apply gently on chest and back for chest congestion.
Question: meri baby ko scalp me bahut dandruff hai. please help
Answer: Cradle cap is quite regularly seen in newborns. A proper hair hyigene needs to be followed in order to get rid if cradle cap otherwise it might get severe and cause infection.
Washing your baby's hair once a day with mild baby shampoo and brush the scalp lightly with a soft brush to loosen the scales. If the scales don't come off easily, a gentle oil massage may help to loosen the dry flakes.
Rub a small amount of a pure, natural oil such as almond or olive oil on your baby's scalp and leave it on for about 15 minutes. Then gently comb out the flakes with a fine-tooth comb or brush them out with a soft brush. Finally wash the baby's scalp with a gentle baby shampoo. Leave the shampoo on for a few minutes before rinsing, to help remove the oil.