Answer: Hi.. Dear to tell you frankly, the best way of increasing breast feed is nurse, nurse and nurse your baby. Also, it is very important that your baby takes feed in the correct way. If he/she is unable to latch on to the nipple or is in the wrong position, he/she will find it hard to feed.
Moreover, include oatmeal, fenugreek, garlic, spinach, green leafy vegetables and dry fruits, in your diet.. It will give you some and in breast milk production...
Similar Questions with Answers
Question: Is bittergourd good food for low milk supply issues
Answer: Hi Dear!
Unfortunately i have not heard abt bittergourd being good fr breast milk supply but fr increasing Breast Milk Supply
1. Shatavari powder twice with milk
2. Methi in any form- methi sabzi, methi seeds with water, kasuri methi, methi laddoo, methi pills
3. Lots of garlic in food and desi ghee
4. Lots of water. Min 1 glass before & after every bf
5. Daliya with milk or oats once atleast
7. Zeera and jaggery.. grind together and hv spoonful with milk twice a day
8. Masoor daal
9. Papaya and lots of baby latch as more the baby latches the more milk is produced by your body..
Hope this helps!
Question: my breast milk supply is very low ..pls suggest something to increase bm supply
Answer: Include food that will help in increasing breastfeed. Breastmilk is packed with all the necessary nutrients for your baby. Hence you should be eating the right things to ensure it reaches your little one. Some of the best foods are:
• Leafy green veggies: rich in Vitamin A, vitamin C, Iron, calcium and anti oxidants.
• Seasonal fruits: rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and energy.
• Eggs: rich in protein, vitamin D and calcium.
• Whole grains: oatmeal, brown rice, barley are rich in proteins, vitamins, Iron, minerals and energy.
• Low fat dairy products: milk and yogurt are rich in vitamun B,vitamin D and calcium.
• Lean meats:Fish and chicken are rich in vital nutrients. some try to avoid this upto a few months. You can take a call on when to eat this after delivery.
• Garlic: Strengthens immune system and boosts lactation. It also has anti microbial and anti oxidant properties.
• Carrots: rich in potassium , carbohydrates, beta carotene and antioxidants.
• Legumes: rich in protein and iron. Peas, beans, lentils and kidney beans are some of them.
• Dairy foods, such as milk, cheese and yoghurt – these contain calcium and are a source of protein.
• Drinking plenty of fluids – have a drink beside you when you settle down to breastfeed: water and skimmed or semi-skimmed milk are all good choices. Have some soups also regularly.
Question: My milk supply is low please suggest what can I do?
Answer: Hello dear..
During breastfeeding you should have a nutrious diet,which should capable to fullfill your baby's need,can take shatvri powder available in natural drug store will boost your supply,Tips for increasing breast milk are as follows
Feed your baby in regular intervals... So more your baby latch more you increase your milk
Eat a nutrious diet , includes more veggies and fruits
Drink atleast two glasses of milk daily
You can also take dried fish,weekly twice,it helps in milk secretion
Garlic milk helps in producing more milk, for this you have to boil garlic in milk, once it boiled and cooked ,you can drink it with palm sugar,have this before bedtime
Fenugreek also increases breast supply,you can add it in soups,salads , you can also have fenugreek tea
Cumin water is very essential in milk secretion, it also act as a barrier against respiratory issues
A handful of dried fruits increase your milk supply, and releives from constipation, and it also makes your milk thick