Similar Questions with Answers
Question: My baby is 82 days old. He is having cold, sneezing and severe cough
Answer: Breastfeeding is the first and foremost solution to treat cold and cough for your newborn. In your baby’s first six months, breastmilk is the only way to heal your child’s body from any type of problem.Breastmilk also improves the immunity of your child to fight against bacteria, germs, and virus.
You can put few drops of breastmilk in each nostril of your baby. It will help to cure a cough and cold faster.
Ajwain or carom seeds have antiviral and antibacterial properties. Dry roast ajwain on a tava or pan. Put the ajwain in a cotton cloth and make a potli of it. Gently rub it on the baby’s chest, back, under feet and palms.
Make sure the potli is not very hot. First, test the temperature by putting the potli on your wrist. Make sure that the baby must have a single layer of clothing before you start to rub potli on the body.
Caution: Don’t rub it on the naked chest of your baby.
Question: My baby is 20 days old and having cough,cold,sneezing...sugggest any remedy to cure her
Answer: Treatment for cold:
1.Elevate your baby's head to help ease breathing
2. Give plenty of liquids, including breast milk, formula and water.
3. Suction out nasal mucus using saline drops and a suction bulb.
4. Moisturize the air with a humidifier.
Treatment for cough:
You can make a strip of cotton cloth..fill it with small amount of ajwain seeds,soak it into mustard oil and put around the neck of your baby. Dont tie the strip in the neck only keep it around the neck. Mustard oil and ajwain helps to reduce the cough. You will get result as you do this in one night. When the oil is absorbed you can remove it. You can do this whenever your baby sleeps in day . It gives very quick result
Question: Hello everyone I am having cough for 15days went to Dr. But no use my baby is 4month plz suggest
Answer: • Place a humidifier in your room, keep your head elevated on your pillow while resting.
• Drink warm tea, or gargle with warm salt water.
• Besides that take proper rest & sleep, drink plenty of fluids & increase intake of Vitamin C as it boosts immunity
• You can also count on home remedies like – a) Kaada made of tulsi, honey, adrak, b) Take mild steam c) increase intake of garlic as it acts like a powerhouse against the cold