Question: My little one is 1 yr old her birth weight is 2.5kg now she is 6.5kg she looks so lean im worried about it
Answer: her birth weight was good dear. As a mother, the biggest struggle is to prepare a healthy meals for our kids. Your baby is now 15 month old, so try giving him everything what you eat apart from his daily regular meals.
Few are the food items which are really essential for the kid's mental and physical development are :
1. Ragi is very rich in calcium and high in fibre.
It's really beneficial for you babies growing bones. There is no cereal whose calcium content is close or ragi.
Get manna ragi rich and boil it in a milk for 3 mins. The healthy porridge is ready.
You can make ragi roti, ragi cookies, ragi dosa, ragi idli, ragi shake.
2. Eggs are rich in protein. Babies need higher in take of protein than adults. If your baby is allergic to egg then try giving Lentils like kidney beans, chana daal, moong daal which has high protein.
3. Fruits are always excellent source of nutrition.
Try giving avocados, grapes, banana, apple, orange, papaya. Make a shake with a glass of milk with the choice of your fruit.
4. Vegetables are rich in vitamins A to K. Dark colours and green leafy vegetables are rich in vitamins and Calcium. Try boiling all the vegetables in pressure cooker with little salt and pinch of black pepper. Then grind it to make a thick paste.
Or you can just toss all the cut vegetables in a lil bit oil. It will be a good finger snacks.
5. Try adding sweet potato and pumpkin in your kid's diet. These two are know as power house of nutrition.
6. Yoghurt, milk and cheese are rich in calcium, potassium and vitamin D. Yoghurt can help regulate your digestive system and prevent diarrhea and constipation.
7. Dry fruits. If your kid is not eating it then you can just make dry fruit powder by grinding it and then mix it in a glass of milk or in his favourite porridge.
Hope this helps
Question: Hi my baby 5 month old. Her birth weight is 2.6kg. Now she weighs 5.4.is this weight is normal? She looks so lean.
Yes dear your baby is gaining good
Offer milk every 2 gee when awake and 3 to 4 hrs when asleep
Ensure you offer both nutrients rich fore milk as well as the dat rich hind milk for proper development
Question: My baby is 1 year 2months old. She weighs 9.6 kg is it normal
Yes mam this is normal weight for girl child. Give her energy and nutritional food in her daily diet for better.